A blog for the work-at-home professional by a work-at-home professional.

I Don't Feel Like Working

I'm out of sorts today. I feel a bit depressed and grouchy. I had to drag myself out of bed this morning. I had to force myself to turn on my laptop and work.

I'm a woman and it happens every month.

Okay. I've got to admit that sometimes, I hate my job especially when I meet difficulties along the way and when things don't turn out the way I want to. Yes, there are times when I feel like tossing my job out the window. PMS magnifies the feeling ten times.

But I also know that there are a lot of people who would love to have my job, people like Jen, my next door neighbor who is a teacher. She has to get dressed every day, wear makeup, buy gasoline and drive her motorcycle to the next town to teach nine sections of grade school pupils. She hates her boss, the principal. And she earns only a little over 1/10 of what I make each month. I ask her, "Why do you do this?" She just shrugs her shoulders and says, "It's the only job I can get." By the way, Jen was here a few days ago, asking me to teach her how to do my job.

I, on the other hand, just have to drag my butt out of bed to my work station which is literally just a few steps away. I can work in my pajamas. I don't even have to wash my face and brush my teeth before I start working (But of course, I brush my teeth and wash my face). It's just me, myself and my laptop. No fire-breathing bosses. No gossipy co-workers.

Sometimes, when I feel like bitching about my job, I have to remind myself what a lucky beeyotch I actually am.

0 comments:

Post a Comment